Home Base Iowa (HBI)
HOME BASE IOWA (HBI) BUSINESSES
Home Base Iowa Businesses are the centerpiece of Home Base Iowa. With record numbers of military members leaving the service over the next five years, the influx of workers into the job market is huge for Iowa employers. We invite all businesses to distinguish themselves by becoming a Home Base Iowa Business. By joining together, we can meet our goals of increasing employment in Iowa, decreasing veterans’ unemployment, and recruiting high quality individuals to Iowa.
Standards to become a Home Base Iowa Business
- The business pledges to hire a specific number of veterans.
- This standard may be met by providing a signed letter or other signed written statement to Iowa Workforce Development. Such statement should indicate the number of veterans the company pledges to hire by December 31, 2018.
- The business commits to posting their jobs on the Home Base Iowa website.
- This standard may be met by certifying such commitment in a signed letter or other signed written statement provided to Iowa Workforce Development. The business does not need to post jobs exclusively to the Home Base Iowa site.
- The business becomes a member of Skilled Iowa.
- This standard may be attained by meeting the existing Skilled Iowa standards, or by demonstrating that the business is already a Skilled Iowa member.
- Visit www.skillediowa.org and http://portal.iowaworkforce.org/SkilledIowaLinks/70-1038_EmployerForm_NC....
*For more information on the Home Base Iowa or Skilled Iowa programs go to www.homebaseiowa.org